Elimination diet - what do I eat?
Yesterday i told you about my new way of eating and I posted a long list of things I cut out the first 5-6 weeks. I am on week 9 or so now and I have added back in almonds, eggs and a bit of honey.
First words out of everybody have been: So what DO you eat? What's left? I had that initial reaction as well.
Well, why not show you. Here are pictures of what I have been eating lately:
Left to right, top to bottom:
- Beef stew with carrots, baked sweet potatoes and asparagus
- Zoodles (noodles made from fresh zucchini, then stir-fried) with meat sauce.
- Beef stew with carrots, lettuce, asparagus
- Curry beef, lettuce, asparagus, grated carrots
- Burger patty with fried onions, lettuce, avocado, cucumber - favorite!
- Cauliflower/butternut squash mashed with bacon and peas.
- Beef bone broth soup with carrots and parsley
- Cauliflower mashed with parsley and bacon - favorite!
- Burger patty with fried onions, avocado and cucumber
- Pea soup with bacon - favorite!
- Meatballs with zoodles, lettuce, cabbage, peas and grapes - favorite!
- Meatballs, zoodles with tomatoes (when i could add tomatoes), Lettuce, avocado, radishes, almonds (when I could add my first nut)
- Marinated beef strips, olive oil/garlic sweet potatoes, fried grapes, cabbage, grape and orange salad, lettuce with cucumbers (we had guests that day)
- Meatballs, bacon, cabbage with apples and grapes, oven roasted brussel sprouts
- Steak with sweet potatoes, asparagus and fried grapes - favorite!
- Meatballs, garlic sweet potatoes, grated carrot and oven roasted brussel sprouts - favorite!
- Beef stew with sweet potatoes and asparagus, cucumber and lettuce salad
- Burger patty with fried onions, spinach, kale and chard lettuce, cabbage, with cucumber and radishes
- Bacon, sweet potato and pear hash with cinnamon, cabbage - favorite!
- Mixed baby greens, avocado, cucumber and radishes with chia seeds
- Mixed baby greens, avocado, cucumber with left over beef strips.
- Bacon, sweet potato and pear hash with cinnamon and avocado - favorite!
- Bacon, sweet potato and pear hash with cinnamon and cabbage, carrot and cucumber
- Cabbage with leftover meat sauce and oven roasted brussel sprouts
- Lettuce, apples, avocado
- Red lettuce (oak?) with carrots, peas and bacon - favorite!
- Mixed lettuce with cabbage, grapes and chopped roasted almonds (after I added almonds)
Sometimes I just make a green smoothie of some sort. (not pictured)
- I tried making my own pickled beets - they were good, but very tart.
- I made beef bone broth and chicken bone broth. We have added that to our soups. I didn't add a picture of our butternut squash soup, but that is another favorite.
- Beet gazpacho on mixed greens with toasted sunflower seeds. Recipe from my aunt.
- Almost every day I have that smoothie.
- On the weekends I sometimes have that sweet potato bacon hash with pears and cinnamon. It is so yummy.
- Last week I tried making sweet potato latkes with wild blueberry compote. So yummy. Recipe to come.
My breakfast smoothie. Easy, filling, yummy.
3/4 cup of water
2 heaping tablespoons of coconut milk
1 scoop of raw yellow pea protein powder
1/4 tsp raw stevia (it's a green powder and not as processed as the white stuff. Tastes better too.)
2 drops of vitamin D
1 tbsp of Flax oil (cold pressed, organic)
1-2 handful of frozen organic berries
Recently I am adding eggs back in. This is last night's dinner:
Burger patty with fried onions, asparagus and a salad of spinach, kale and chard, cabbage with some organic grapes and a slice of Paleo bread - grain and gluten free.
Here are some of the recipes I have used
Bacon, sweet potato, pear hash - this was from a limited time video. Bacon, sweet potatos, pears, cinnamon - fried. Topped with avocado
Tomato-less meat sauce
Zoodles (without the avocado sauce)
Ovenbaked brussel sprouts
Paleo bread - grain and gluten free
I am devoting this post to our word of the month that I do with Amber.
I am thankful for my new way of eating. It tastes so good, it's filling and it fuels my tank. I am now thankful for brussels sprouts. Who knew?
Today for Thanksgiving here is what I am making:
Beef in the crock pot, red cabbage orange salad, cranberry/orange sauce, garlic sweet potatoes. For dessert I am going to make an apple crisp with apple ice cream. It is tastes as good as it does in my mind, I will come back with the recipe
I am a Danish American decorating life in Seattle. I love all things design and DIY.
I can’t think of anything more fun than coming up with project, making it, photographing it and sharing it with you on my websites.
I am a Graphic Artist, a remodeller and home maker by day.
AHomeForDesign.com AHomeForCrafts.com AHomeForFood.com My Portfolio
Full list here